rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Does anyone know if the surrounds for the window switchpacks different sizes depending on VIN/age? I've fitted a new centre console which is a newer leather one and now my window switchpack doesn't fit as it is slightly wider than the gap.

Looking at the parts catalogue I see:
AWR1081 - ASH GREY (MOULDING-CENTRE CONSOLE SWITCH PACK ASH GREY) [ - (V)WA410481 ]
FWJ100020LNF - ASH GREY (MOULDING-CENTRE CONSOLE SWITCH PACK ASH GREY) [ (V)XA410482 - ]

so there must be some kind of difference? There's no difference in part numbers for the actual switch electronics, just the surround that covers it.

I'm not sure how to actually identify the different variants so I can pick up the correct one from a breaker on eBay. They all seem to be listed as being compatible as 94-02.

Very timely post. Because the plastic around much of my dash switchgear is starting to “go off” badly (covered in a soft, sticky residue) I was wondering about replacement switch surrounds, including around the window switches.

As you say, many are 94-02, which did strike me as odd, as I thought there was a facelift ca. 2000my.

So I’m afraid I can’t answer the question, but will be interested in the answer.