rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Dear All,
Advice please. Had a flat battery situation, got it recharged and connected etc and afterwards the front windows (which were fully down) would not wind up. Pressing the buttons on the switch pack the motors made a click but no movement. I managed to directly power the passenger side window into the up position and then the drivers door window started responding to the switch pack. But now the passenger window will only power down, pressing the up switch it doesn't respond. Also after setting the alarm with the double lock, the auto close on the windows doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Windows should close on a press and hold of the lock button, not a double press, that sets superlocking. If they don't work from the switchpack but do from a press and hold, then it's the switchpack. They do usually fail one contact at a time so only going up or only going down is the first sign that the switches are starting to fail. It hasn't had water in it by any chance has it?

When you reconnected the battery, did it ask for the usual reset of windows and sun roof?
Did it ask you to re sync fobs?
If, not, it seems like it is behaving as if it has no idea on whether windows are up or down.....
Try removing battery power for a few min and reconnect. It should beep at you and tell you nothing is set as far as windows and sunroof.....
Of course, have the keys in your pocket when you do this

Dear All,
It was the switch pack. One dry joint re-soldered on the processor pins and the little metal diapragm for the up switch wasn't contacting relaibly. No corrosion on it, I simply bent the three corners down a bit and punched the central contact a bit lower as well. Pity because this was in fact a "brand new" replacement pack from Rimmer Bros 3 yrs ago. But I noticed the manufacture date stamp was 2011, so its sat on their shelves for 8 yrs or so.
Anyway the windows now works normally and as soon as that was working the lock, press, hold auto window shut worked again. So all happy again, thanks to all.