rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I noticed today that my gearbox oil cooler pipe has been rubbing on the crank pulley and is about to be worn through. I recently replaced this pipe as it was leaking. When I replaced both pipes I also fitted the clamp that holds the metal section of the line under the engine mount as it was missing. I didn't have any problems with it rubbing previously but I was running without the clamp supporting the pipes for a long time.

I don't see any clips on the bottom of the fan shroud to hold the pipe so I'm wondering if I've routed it wrong.

Here are some images (ignore the coolant, oil and serpentine belt slightly misaligned - i've been changing some hoses when I noticed it). It's not as close as it looks in the pictures but obviously close enough to get pushed into the pulley sometimes.

enter image description here

I did it a few yrs back, but only remember the metal clips on the sump, which you have pictured.
Did you definitely get the right hose? I'd have to check, but I wd hav thought the metalsection on both the pipes wd be similar length...metal section on the new/silver one looks quite long.