rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi there,

I have just installed new rubber compressor mounts (correctly orientated) but the vibration in the cabin is no better. Outside the compressor kicks in and sounds fairly smooth but inside the drone is not pleasant.
Besides the three mounts directly attached to the compressor are thee any other workarounds for this problem?

Are the new mounts OEM or aftermarket? Double check the domed washers are, indeed, correctly orientated and that they are sufficiently domed. Also check that the three mounting posts are properly secured in the housing. Use new self locking nuts on the mounts and ensure they are not overtightened - they really need to be just nipped up and no more. Other than that there is nothing much else that can be done as the three mounts are the only method of isolating the compressor vibrations.

All as it should be in there. Is this common? It is much less pronounced on the move but intrusive when stood still.
Does the tray the compressor and valve block sit in also have isolating mounts?

Knackered rubber mounts is one cause of noise, the other is people putting the washers on what appears to be the correct way but isn't. You should have a domed washer above and below the mounts. The bottom ones go with the concave side downwards and the top ones with the concave side upwards. If someone has changed them in the past so they are flat washers, sit them on a socket and give them a belt with a ball pein hammer

Ah, the washers were definitely flat.

I will give this a try, thank you.

fwiw, i dont think i can hear the EAS compressor in the cabin at all. I do hear the brake pump though.