Just a final note to the issue of replacing the waterpump and power steering pipes.
Everything was done and worked perfectly, but I wanted to do something about the clips that hold the pipes under the radiator, and I had used tie-wraps to hold the pipes in place under the rad. So to send one of the remains of one of the clips to a 3D printer I cut off the tie-wraps, and as I wasn't driving the car I left it like that.
But, guess what, two days later Madam wanted to take some chairs to sons house, and puts them in the back of the P38. I was a bit annoyed but I agreed, forgetting that I had left the power steering pipes loose under the rad. And...... yes, dumb-ass drove the car, and as I arrived at sons house I saw a funny looking stream on the road behind the car. Then, suddenly, the power steering wasn't power steering any more. One of the pipes had moved and had been cut by the power steering pump pulley.
So, off with the newly fitted power steering pipe and another trip to the hydraulic repair guys. Again, they did a really good job, and did it while I waited. I got home and refitted the damn thing, refilled the reservoir, and we were in business again, after making sure to secure the pipes again with new tie-wraps.
Therefore, a hard lesson learned - having fixed the original problem of a leaking pipe I compounded the problem by forgetting to refit new tie-wraps when I took the old ones off. Fortunately, getting the pipe repaired didn't cost very much so I think that I got off lightly !