rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Aloha, and G'day,
I am here in Oz helping a mate with his L322.......Fan got unbalanced, and broke the water pump clean off! (td6)
We are looking for the fan, Pump, and while we are at it, some new rad hoses.
I have found some things at land-rover-parts-shop.com, and others at LRDirect.
What I am after is just which parts are to be avoided.....I already know to steer VERY clear of anything from Britparts.
Any others? or ones that are usually good value?
Being NA based in the past, i have not paid enough attention to you UK guys and where you like to shop. Being in Oz now, I am amazed by
the blatant ripping off of the customer that is practiced by some outfits.
So, who should we be shopping from there?
Oh, yea......The LAST thing I would buy myself would be an L322!!!! P-38's RULE!!!
Cheers,
Tom

Hi tom, from the other site I've seen that RR owners in oz get ripped off for any spares. Your on the right route with avoiding the Brit parts, if you can get bearmac they seem to have a good name. While your at the front of the engine, if it's a petrol v8 I'd change the chain and guides as they seem to be a favourite, diesels I'm not up on, will have a search and see what appears..

LRDirect often list 3 brands for most things, genuine Land Rover if money is no object, OEM or aftermarket (usually Britpart). Britpart are the cheap ones to avoid, OEM are made by the original supplier to Land Rover and are often from Bearmach or Allmakes which are the ones to go for.

I think Britpart has raised their game a bit. My local indy uses Britpart if the customer doesn't specify a "Big Name", and the guys that work there seem happy enough to run around with blue box bits on their own cars.

That being said, I don't know how much of a pig an L322 water pump is to do. I went with a Britpart one for mine, because it was in stock and right there on the shelf, half the price, and I figured that if it was shite it was only ten minutes to get it off and replace it.