rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A while ago I thought my passenger door lock was flattening the battery as when charger was connected, the motor seemed to run.

Anyway, I’m getting a very odd symptom (odd to me anyway)

So. If I don’t use the car for 4 or more days, battery is so flat doors won’t unlock or any lights show. Will start easily with a jump start.

But, if I lock and unlock the car several times a day over the same period, and NOT start the car, it holds its charge just fine.

I have ruled out battery by replacing it.

I’ve had the antenna Wi-Fi thing fix since owning the car. (5 years+) This is a new issue over last few months.

Any ideas where to check first?

Thanks

If I leave the Ascot for 3-4 weeks, the battery is fine (and the EAS stays up) but if it is left for about 6 weeks, it will be flat when I go to it. As soon as I connect the charger, the rear right door lock will try to lock (even though it already is) once every couple of seconds. It carries on doing this for maybe 15 minutes or so until the battery voltage has risen and then it stops. Whether it starts to do it when the battery voltage is falling and reaches a certain point, I have no idea but I suppose it could do which would accelerate the battery going flat.

The only way to check why yours is going flat is to check the current draw with either a clamp on ammeter or one in series with the battery. Once 2 minutes has elapsed and the BeCM has gone to sleep, it should drop to something like 25-40mA. Any more than that, or the BeCM waking for some reason, there is a problem somewhere.

I’ll borrow a clamp and test it out, thanks.