rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I just bought a refurbished one recently with part number AWR1012 for a 96 RR, mine says its for a 97 RR with part number awr5051. i checked my vin, its a VA358193. online my vin says that i should be getting the awr5051 hevac, just like my original hevac. i was just wondering if those two are interchangeable? because i might have to return the one i bought and get it exchanged for the right part number. I just want to know if i do use the older hevac awr1012, would it cause any trouble or problems. thank you and much appreciated!

Wait for Marty to drop by. He's the HEVAC guru :)

Where did you get the refurbished unit from?

Is there anything that doesn't actually work with the older unit installed?

ahh my rolling thing for the blower is busted and the guy checking my card said that its not regulating the temperature. like when the fan for the a/c should switch on and its speed i think. they tried their tested hevac it worked fine. the thing is when i bought my p38 they bypassed the a/c which made it running hot all the time. so we are trying to put it all back together with the wirings and the sensors. we have everything now just a new hevac that works. i got mines from ebay from modulerepair. the thing is they sent me an awr1012, and mine says awr5051. they said its the same, but i want the exact part number that mine had. so i was just wondering if incase they ran out, would the awr1012 work fine? would it give me problems or anything? thank you!

The part number you have been supplied with (AWR1012) was superseded by AWR5051 so it is an early one that has been refurbished. Obviously there must be a difference for it to get a different part number, probably only minor, but if one supersedes the other they will be interchangeable.

ahh so even if mines in the newer model awr5051, i can interchange it with an older model which is awr1012? do this party thingy go both ways? like older parts can be interchanged with newer ones/newer parts can interchange with older ones? would i have any issue putting an older model of hevac in place of a newer hevac unit? thanks alot!

It looks like the AWR1012 was fitted to the early models and then that part became no longer available and they fitted AWR5051 instead. In addition, AWR5051 became the part number for a replacement for the earlier ones. The difference could be a slight design change or even that it comes from a different manufacturer (as car manufacturers don't make cars, they assemble the bits made by lots of other manufacturers) but as the part numbers supersede from one to the other, they can be swapped.

Where part numbers are different from one year to another but not shown as superseded, that means they aren't interchangeable.

Welcome gel11, another Philippine '38 owner.

Told you these guys would know!

GeorgeB wrote:

Have sent you details of another owner out there, George, who is having problems.

OldShep56 wrote:

GeorgeB wrote:

Have sent you details of another owner out there, George, who is having problems.

Got the message. Tell them they are welcome to drop me a mail at bryden905atgmaildotcom or call/SMS on 0927 960 1676. If I can help, I will.