rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

i have acquired a portable fridge freezer unit that draws 6.8 amps when running , is this to much of a draw for me to use the other trailer power outlet or am i better off to run a dedicated line for it .

It's fused at 20A so should be fine. I've run a 300W DC-AC inverter from that supply without any problems.

thanks for that Richard , i didn't think to check the fuse rating. that will make the job easier than i thought .

Agree with Richard above, up to 20A you will be fine, I am running from there stuff and no issues.

The only problem I found is that I bought the correct socket to fit it so I could just plug in and the terminals aren't really large enough for thicker cables. I've got my reversing camera connected to it but also have additional cigar lighter sockets running off it that can be switched between the ignition switched and permanent supplies. It is intended for fitting a double towing socket (now replaced with the newer 13 pin single one) and the permanent supply is intended to run a fridge in a caravan anyway.