rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Looking at the fuel tank I have two fuel pipes coming from it which is the feed and what is the other

What engine have you got? If a GEMS V8, one is the feed to the pressure regulator on the fuel rail and the other is the return for excess fuel. I think the diesel is the same but don't know about the Thor as that doesn't have an external pressure regulator. The feed is the one with a filter in it if GEMS.

troyyoung wrote:

Gilbertd wrote:

What engine have you got? If a GEMS V8, one is the feed to the pressure regulator on the fuel rail and the other is the return for excess fuel. I think the diesel is the same but don't know about the Thor as that doesn't have an external pressure regulator. The feed is the one with a filter in it if GEMS.

Sorry should have said 2.5 and it has the bad starting problem with having to wait for the fuel pump to reach the front end I was thinking of installing a non return valve tank end but I’m really not sure which pipe is suitable

2.5 diesel

Can't help you. I know some have done that mod but I don't do diseasel so can't give you any details.

Gilbertd wrote:

Can't help you. I know some have done that mod but I don't do diseasel so can't give you any details.

No worries thanks anyway

Sorry if a bit late. I have only just seen this.
Fit a non return valve at the front under the bonnet in the line going to the fuel filter. Suitable NR valve on Amazon.
They don't last forever. I replaced mine after about 3 or 4 years.
You will also need a bit of 8mm id fuel tubing (not silicone) and a couple of jubilee clips.
There should be a non return valve in the in tank pump on the diesel but now often ommitted.