rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Is there any way of "proving" the EKA code without actually disabling the car and then seeing if it works? I have what LR tells me is the original EKA for the car, and the original lockset/ BECM (I think) ready to go back in. It would be nice to know that the EKA works before I have to use in anger. I do have a Nano, BTW and a late enough BECM/ ECU so that I can enter with Nano.

Not without putting it in an EKA situation I wouldn't think.

The way I would do it... lock it with the remote, and then unlock it with the key in the door. Normally you would need the EKA to get it started.. then try entering it with the Nanocom, and see what happens. If it doesn't work, you can still hit 'unlock' on the remote and as the remote is still in sync, the BECM will see that, unlock, and should return to normal operation.

That to me is the only way with the smallest chance of something going sideways - without putting it in a full EKA lockout situation and hoping for the best...

Ta Marty- watch this space. New BECM to go in first. Going to check locks now, then onto brakes...