rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Will a standard OBDII scanner read specific ABS and HEVAC error codes on a GEMS 4.6? Not with the car to confirm.

I know Nancom is the usual answer, but I’m hoping not to have to spend £500 if I don’t need to…

No, OBD scanner only does OBD diagnostics which is engine and, possibly, gearbox. Your cheapest option is the RSWUnlock V4 software which does everything except SRS faults. On a GEMS, any SRS fault needs the ECU to be reset after a fault is cleared so is a pretty important omission.

Thanks, I’ll have a look - fortunately, airbags seem to be one of the few things that aren’t going wrong…

I thought I'd posted a link but didn't, so here it is https://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php/range-rover-p38a/range-rover-p38a-eas-unlock-v3

Thanks - I’ve used the RSW basic EAS software before on my LSE.

Yes, I've done the same, had to make up the cable and plug to fit the strange Classic connector and turn the bit rate right down, but it definitely works. Initially I tried to connect just the data lines on the LSE to my Nanocom but that didn't work for some reason.

I would also endorse the RSW software. I had RSW before I had the Nanocom. The Nano is easier to use, but so far (I think over 6 years) RSW would have taken care of everything I’ve needed. I bought the Nano after I added the Disco to my fleet.

just an FYI there is another unit that will read the rovers , "recovery" is the name of the unit . it's a dongle type that you read off your phone and cost around 160aus dollars , it will read all types of rovers and disco's and give live data with graphs , my friend uses it on his L322, seams to be ok when he shows me things.
'' google recovery land rover diagnostics dongle''

Where did he find it for that price?
The recovery website lists the 2 versions at $715 and $1625 Aud......
A bunch more than nano....
I was going to recommend one to my mate in Vic for his L322......

he said he picked it up from someone in Hobart ,Tasmania , i will ask him again for some clarification

That's what I found too. I tried to download the software from the Google Playstore just to have a look and see what it can do, only it isn't there. The site does have a copyright acknowledgement for iPhone, iPad, etc but no mention of Android. Is it iPhone only?

My Launch gear seems able to do quite a lot on Land/Rangerovers including suspension stuff, not a cheap option but the Launch will talk to most modules on most vehicles.

Looks to be geographically limited "not for sale or use in UK, Europe, Canada, Mexico or USA" from the BMI website. Download probably has location checker.

Software is on annual subscription so odds are the 160 aussie dollars price is for one year sub. Soon adds up to a heck of a lot. May be worth it for pro but but not home user.

Dongle is probably a cheap wireless or Bluetooth enabled ODB transmitter receiver unit. All the intelligence is in the software on the phone.

Gotta wonder where the makers got the software from. List looks too comprehensive for in dependent development given the potential market size.

Clive

ok so i asked about the recovery software that he uses , brought it about 8 years ago from British 4wd in Hobart, it came with 2 serial numbers , one for rovers and the other for disco's, he thinks it was $160 for each car and stated that he would never have paid those prices for anything of this nature. he had to find the software by typing recovery diagnostics into play store ,. the dongle has made in china on it , so clive might be right about it all being in the software. it is the pro version
Alan the owner off British 4wd retired a couple of years ago so the store has gone but he still sells second hand parts from wrecks he owned apparently.
no annual subscription fees and i dont know about what phone it work on .