rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Gents,
I have to pick up an MGTF hardtop.
Can I get it in the RR or do I have to take the trailer?
I am led to believe the the hardtop is 1.4x1.4x 0.5m
What do you think?
Cheers

I've managed to get a 8 x 4 (2.44 x 1.22 m) sheet of plywood in the back of a P38. The rear tailgate opening is 1.2m but with the back seats folded down, you should be able to get it in on the diagonal.

Thanks Richard… just what I wanted to hear.
Fingers crossed.

Gilbertd wrote:

I've managed to get a 8 x 4 (2.44 x 1.22 m) sheet of plywood in the back of a P38. The rear tailgate opening is 1.2m but with the back seats folded down, you should be able to get it in on the diagonal.

Front Seats well forward ??

No,rear headrests removed and sitting on top of the front headrests, pushed right up as far as the sun visors and, as it was fractionally wider than the tailgate opening, the back of it was sitting on the side supports either side. So even the tailgate would close. With me driving it was sitting on the top of my head but as the missus is slightly shorter than me, it was above her head so she drove it. Rear view mirror was a bit superfluous though.....

Even though the diagonal would allow, I think the height of .5m will make it difficult to enter fully.
If is a small distance, you could go with the tailgate(s) open, done this couple times.
When I took a bonnet for repaint (mine was not salvageable) I had to borrow a friend's van, no way it would fit in.

1.4m x 1.4m is almost certainly not going to fit. Put it upside down on the roof ?

Hopefully I am not the only one who recalls this when reading #5

Mr. Bean

th.

So… did it fit I hear you ask??

No. The 0.5m depth was just little too much.
It was very close and if I’d taken out the plastics shelves out in the boot, I think it would have been enough.
However, it was dark and late, and as it wasn’t too far to go back, I didn’t think it was worth the hassle.
If it had been the other end of the country it would have been a different story.
I could have driven with the tail down no problem, but 20mins in the rain didn’t appeal either.

All sorted now.
Cheers