rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

"Error unable to start communications with ECU"

Seems my Nano is having issues, any pointers gents, footwell connectors come to mind for some reason?

thanks argh!!

EAS uses a different pin in the OBD port to the others, so corrosion on the OBD port is favourite.

OBD port looks ok, my connector blocks on the passenger side A pillar are green and a few pins have corroded off, would that possibily contribute to my issues?

EAS data line goes through the connector on the passenger side. So does the feed between EAS ECU and dashboard switch.

I think also, perhaps for Engine ECU only, you need the key in position 2.

With the Nanocom, all systems need the ignition on or engine running, only the BeCM needs it to be off.

Thanks for that clarification.

I seem to recall that if the timer relay has been replaced with a standard one, it can stop OBD working.

That's true, diagnostic line goes through the timer relay on the extra pins.

In case anyone doesn't know, the way Nanocom & EAS Unlock both connect to the ECU for diagnostics, is by toggling the timer relay (via pin-1 on the diag connector). This causes the EAS ECU to reset (hence the beeps), and Nanocom or EASunlock sends the diagnostic sequence. Sending the sequence without power cycling the ECU does not connect - hence why 4-pin relay blocks diag connections.

Fixed it, soldered the connectors and all is well, other issues now! ;p;

Another small success!
When you posted that several wires had fallen off, my thought was....
"And what else has stopped that you had not detected yet"?
Cutting out those connectors and soldering is just about a requirement
On these things 20+years on.
Needs to be listed as an expendable wear item!