rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'm looking to replace the carpets as the beige colour has turned grey / greenish ? in many places and won't refurb. no doubt many of you have experienced this. so a few questions. sorry!
Can you get new replacement sets from suppliers ?
I bought a nice full set of second hand blue in great nick, but decided to keep spec beige.
The blue set is for sale on Ebay £100 ...PS can we post items for sale on this forum ?
Another question , some carpets seem to come with soundproof backing welded on, some separate from backing ? is this right ?
any pointers please...I've been on many breakers sites but no success to date.

Breakers tend to leave the carpets as they are such a pain to get out and not the easiest of things to store until a buyer comes along. A car that is ripe for breaking will usually have been neglected too so beige carpets are likely to be in much the same state as yours too.

Try giving Dave at East Coast Range Rovers a call on 07527 953807 and see if he has any or has a car for breaking that has some decent ones in it.

That is correct. Also adding that breakers are seldom car conoisseurs (even the famed ones), for them a car to break is money to be made, thus I have often seen stuff thrown inside ruining carpets, seats, plastics, and the like.
They focus on the quick money and carpets are stuff for the very special people ... pity.

If you talk 'beige', I believe you are referring to the Lightstone. It took me long time to find decent ones, so nice I never even put them on, and probably never will (might think to sell, in that case will tell you, first I need to find them!).

You could put yours here, not that I have seen lots of action in this topic (I had high expectations, perhaps)
https://rangerovers.pub/topic/1983-the-place-for-sales-swaps-wants-offers-gifts-and-giveaways

Thanks guys for your pointers, contacts and observations ...I did find some mint ones from a breaker on the IOM , but they came without any sound proof backing on ? strange, they dont appear to have had backing attached/welded on from new ...have you seen this before ?
I'm going to try and separate the backing from my existing ones when I pluck up the courage to strip the interior out !. Dick have you done this ? , any pointers ?

The early models until VIN WA 1998 had different insulation. Several pieces of foam rubber (can’t remember the material code).
I have a set insulation, but it’s in Germany, so You might ask a local breaker…

leolito wrote:

That is correct. Also adding that breakers are seldom car conoisseurs (even the famed ones), for them a car to break is money to be made, thus I have often seen stuff thrown inside ruining carpets, seats, plastics, and the like.
They focus on the quick money and carpets are stuff for the very special people ... pity.

If you talk 'beige', I believe you are referring to the Lightstone. It took me long time to find decent ones, so nice I never even put them on, and probably never will (might think to sell, in that case will tell you, first I need to find them!).

You could put yours here, not that I have seen lots of action in this topic (I had high expectations, perhaps)
https://rangerovers.pub/topic/1983-the-place-for-sales-swaps-wants-offers-gifts-and-giveaways

Hi Leolito, Have you given anymore thought to finding and selling your lightstone carpets ?.

Transport is likely to be interesting, Leo is in Bulgaria.....

Oh Cripes..Richard, could you drop round when you go over to see your in-laws ? Haha !

Hmm, a bit of a diversion (although I have driven to Bulgaria once in the past).