rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I took the Duchess to have nice bath before her MOT and one of the guys cleaning her broke the passenger sidestep. The front outrigger was rusted. What are the options here? I don't really use the sidesteps - but I don't want to leave lots of nasty holes. Are replacement brackets available? Do I need to find someone to fab one up - or can I just rip them all off?
Recommendations please!

They are bolted to a couple of brackets attached to the chassis rails on Rivnuts, so just take them off. The holes are there in the chassis rails anyway so the rivnuts can be fitted if needed but you are unlikely to see them unless you are laying under the car. The red one I've recently bought had a (aftermarket) sidestep on one side and a couple of nasty looking lumps of metal sticking out on the other side, so I just removed the lot. I admit I had to resort to the angle grinder on most of the bolts into the rivnuts though.

Sweet! Thank you.
Hope you're keeping well?

Not doing too bad. As we didn't really get a summer this year I haven't been inundated with people wanting air con so have had more time for other stuff. The Rioja Red '98 4.0SE that I picked up and Dina immediately claimed because it's pretty, has kept me busy and got a hectic week coming up but there'll be more on that when the time comes.

ahh fun and games! We should agree on a location for a pint some time!

I have had a chance to compare the Duchess with and without side steps - because they only took one side off!! haha.

On the whole I don't think we need them, so I'll probably get her up high and start spraying PlusGas ahead of a monumental swear session. I might even get that airgun I promised myself so I can round the nuts off properly :)

Chopping the heads off with an angle grinder is a lot more fun.....

True, but I already have one of those.... ;)