most definitely Not For Sale. VerticalScope can......
That's what lots of similar enthusiasts sites have said Gordon, however.... http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/site-list.html
(even though many of the members of those sites subsequently complained about all the adverts / cookies /vendor push etc to
the detriment of the previous tone/content..)
That reminds me: I sent VS a note once asking why they tend to use a common 'Search' platform that does not actually recognise
all Three Letter Acronyms when so many cars use these, eg. EAS, CKP, ABS, ECT, ECU etc etc etc: They did not reply (of course),
but maybe that was just their 'big-corporation customer-friendly' way of telling me to 'Ef Off' then ??
It's probably academic but i also meant to post up their primary 'Rules Of Use' too:
" You may not:
* Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site.
* Use the Web Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
* Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Web Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Web Site.
* Use the Web Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage or interfere with business interests or contractual relations of any person.
* Gain unauthorized access to the Web Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Web Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
* Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Web Site.
* Use the Web Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
* Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
* Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
* Use the Web Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
* **Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services**, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
* Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site."
Looks like the 'solicit' rule - next to the last one on the list - has already effectively been broken numerous times by Toad & co... ?
If so maybe he should ban himself for life now ??
From other web info. and the size/membership of RRS.net I also suspect he is paid about $1.5K/month for his 'contributions' (?)