rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Sure its been asked 1 million times before so sorry if it is boring just want to do things right as I go along
4.6 Thor 2000 on LPG shall I use BPR6ES at 0.7mm ?
she has a slight miss, new coil packs and leads on gas or petrol maf connected or disconnected the same worse in lock up on motorway as she juders.

Yes to the plugs, check your tps, mine had a pattern part, misfire was like being kicked up the ass on motorways,

Cheers mate, whats tps ?

Sorru mate me being thick ( throttle position )
Read the codes the other day and it came back random missfire but nothing on tps...............mind these newer cars never know whats wrong with them these days a I miss the good old days lol

TPS best checked with an old fashioned analogue multimeter. It's just a potentiometer so move it slowly through its travel and monitor the resistance rising/ falling with no glitches.

Just be aware that although the BPR6ES plugs will work fine and are the correct heat range, they recommended PFR6N-11 on the Thor. These have the smaller (16mm) hex on them and as Orangebean found out on his, the holes on the heads were too small to get a socket in. However, lots of others with Thor engines are fitting the BPR6ES with no problems.

Good point Gilbertd. Mine is a very late Thor and it looked like the machining of the spark plug housing had been changed. The NGK 6ES plugs are cheaper than the 6N-11's but not much use if they don't fit!

There is also a smaller version it seems of the BPR-6ES - BCPR-6ES, as I found when I install BPR's on my new engine, and realised the old ones I pulled from the old heads on the engine coming out were smaller socket...

I was sure I had bought BPR-6ES plugs, and upon looking at them, saw they were BCPR6ES.

Looking at the NGK sheet for their product numbers, the only difference between the 2 is the hex size. 20.8mm for the 'B' and 16.0mm for the 'BC' version. Thread size is still the same.

Orangebean wrote:

TPS best checked with an old fashioned analogue multimeter. It's just a potentiometer so move it slowly through its travel and monitor the resistance rising/ falling with no glitches.
Decent mate will do in the morning when I fit plugs

Martyuk wrote:

There is also a smaller version it seems of the BPR-6ES - BCPR-6ES, as I found when I install BPR's on my new engine, and realised the old ones I pulled from the old heads on the engine coming out were smaller socket...

I was sure I had bought BPR-6ES plugs, and upon looking at them, saw they were BCPR6ES.

Looking at the NGK sheet for their product numbers, the only difference between the 2 is the hex size. 20.8mm for the 'B' and 16.0mm for the 'BC' version. Thread size is still the same.

Yes....point there ! had the same issue with my 4.0 gems...forgot that !!!! I have them now but I will have em out in 6 months as summer she (hope) is getting used a lot, just had a dramatic electric drain and were advised fuse box so this morning fitted it and fully charged battery just about to go out try it again ! she was draining within the day after a long run, good battery and full charge.
Bought new one from island £126.

Well she started ! amazing lol
Been sat there for 8 hours and jumped to life so wait until the morning and see, no burning smell from the old fuse box though which I would have been more pleased about, since May last year, 4 bags, pump, vale block, leads,coil packs, £350 MOT ( I am trade ) recon gearbox, fuse box.......nearly a new car lol.

Plugs changed smoother tickover but think ICV needs a clean however still a miss feeling when locked up ?
She started well this morning though so looks like fuse box worked.