rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Yes, it was the Oatmeal colour from Martrim for the ones that were being re-done in as close to factory colour as possible..

I need to get a picture of mine actually, since it's all back in. Still need to do the sunroof shade - maybe tomorrow if it doesn't look like it's going to rain!

Nice pics Smiler... I'm the same - hardly ever remember to take pics when I'm working, unless it's to remember how to put something back together again!

you have any problems with stickiness once the old headlining and backing was removed?

The shell was still sticky but as you are going to stick more material to it, it doesn't matter as long as all the bits of old foam are removed. Dina was doing that with a wire brush and it comes off easily enough. The sticky lumps of foam stuck to the soles of her shoes, which then picked up gravel so she could generate sparks when she walked.

Gilbertd wrote:

... which then picked up gravel so she could generate sparks when she walked.

Like our kid's sneakers but without batteries ☺

Trimming tips.
After you've stuck down the material (don't get too hung up on getting it into the corners of the grab handle recesses or it'll leave creases in the corner no matter what you do) cut it close to the edge apart from the back edge, the sides running from the back to the C pillars and the front edge by the windscreen.
In those areas you want to leave enough to bring the headlining up and over the edge of the fibreglass and stick it down.
Try and get the sunroof opening trimmed tight to the board because the sunroof surround doesn't appreciate too much material being rammed into the lower channel - and put some clean gloves on when you refit the sunroof surround because it stains very easily and is obvious when you're in the car.

The sunroof blind is easy. Cut it flush at the back, leave an inch at the front so you can wrap it up and over to glue it down at the first horizontal raised plastic lip (you'll know it when you see it). For the runners, there's a raised plastic line on each side about 1/4" inside from the edge. Outside this is the part that slides so try not to spray it with adhesive and trim back to those lines with a really sharp knife to leave bare plastic for the blind to slide on.
Enjoy :)

After being told that both the battery cover and sunroof key are rarely seen together look what I found in that breaker:

enter image description here

The battery cover was hiding in the passenger footwell under the dismembered glovebox and the sunroof key in the rear foot well beneath the folded seats. If it wasn't for Orangebean showing me his sunroof key I would have overlooked it.

Not quite a complete set, the bolts are missing from the battery cover........

Only the front one. The quick release dzus fasteners are both there.

Smiler wrote:

Only the front one. The quick release dzus fasteners are both there

It has 3 dzus fasteners :)
Front one is in the battery retaining bracket, which I don't see in your pic either
So not quite complete...

<grin>.

Isn't the battery retaining bracket the metal strap that sit underneath the cover? (which is very much fitted)

Wow, there's a battery cover? I was chuffed to have a battery clamp/strap.
My Jeep makes do with a natty piece of angle iron!

Smiler wrote:

Isn't the battery retaining bracket the metal strap that sit underneath the cover? (which is very much fitted)

That's the one!
You really are complete then :)

Orangebean wrote:

oh, that's odd, I was always told I wasn't quite all there...

Smiler wrote:

Orangebean wrote:

oh, that's odd, I was always told I wasn't quite all there...

Well, allowances are made for Diesels 'cos you're "special", and it's cruel to say not quite all there, the preferred word is "slow"

Slow and steady wins the, erm.... no. That can't be right.

Depends. How long is this race, and is refuelling allowed? :P

A V8 with LPG might just have a longer range if both tanks are brimmed... but I'd also like to be able to afford certain luxuries, like food!

I actually drove a DSE recently. Are they supposed to hang onto a gear until the rev counter hits 3,000 rpm even with only a small amount of throttle? Although it might have been a lot of throttle, it was just that it felt like only a small amount from the rate of acceleration......

I had trouble making my diesel increase revs at all. It felt like it never, ever wanted to kick down and insisted one remaining in the highest gear possible.

Then were the times when it didn't want to rev at all and would just completely cut out at 60+ leaving me to coast to a stop on the hard shoulder before starting it and continuing my journey...

Sloth wrote:

Depends. How long is this race, and is refuelling allowed? :P

A V8 with LPG might just have a longer range if both tanks are brimmed... but I'd also like to be able to afford certain luxuries, like food!

What is the range of a petrol 4.6? I don't think I've ever brimmed the tank on The Duchess - the furthest she went on Petrol with me was when we picked her up from Bradford, or maybe the trip to Simon's for the LPG conversion.

I think the range on mine is somewhere around 350 miles. Depends very much on if I'm wearing heavy shoes though.

When I fill it up the trip computer says closer to 420 but the bottom "half" of the tank seems to be of a lower capacity than the top "half".