rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Reassembling the black one after diff surgery I noticed the following:

Right Caliper:

enter image description here

Left Caliper:

enter image description here

Now I didn't disturb the calipers, so although I'm famous for not being able to tell my left from right, I didn't mistakenly put them back on incorrectly. Thing is, the brakes work fine, hose alignment is fine.
Anyone else noticed this on theirs, or is it just a d!ckhead previous mechanic? I can't think of any reason to swap them back and have to bugger around bleeding brakes until I put new discs on some time in the future.

If those marks mean left and right thus fitted on the wrong side they should be upside down. If a PO has taken them apart and put them wrong together it is only the carrier that is mixed up. If it brakes it's fine I should say.

usually the difference is the bleed nipple position. If you fit them on the wrong sides, the nipple ends up at the bottom.

Aragorn wrote:

usually the difference is the bleed nipple position. If you fit them on the wrong sides, the nipple ends up at the bottom.

Both nipples are above the centre line. Strange!

Are they determining left/right relative to sitting in the driver's seat or standing at the front looking the vehicle?

RutlandRover wrote:

Are they determining left/right relative to sitting in the driver's seat or standing at the front looking the vehicle?

A good philosophical point :)

Will slide under mine tomorrow and have a look

Orangebean wrote:

Both nipples are above the centre line. Strange!

Have a look around you in the real world!

Ta Chris
Tony- I'd look around at the real world if only I could get out from under the car occasionally. I can only vaguely remember the days when nipples, other than the greasing kind, existed...

RutlandRover wrote:

Its always relative to sitting in the drivers seat looking forwards.

The right side of your body doesnt change if someones looking at the front of you, does it ;)

Hehe, It is for reasons like this that I tend to be a bit over-explanatory.