rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Mine doesn't appear to have rockers with the die codes mentioned in the TSB, but it does have a distinct clack and a bit of a miss.

The rockers are I think quite badly worn - when you try to turn them on the shaft there's a distinct "notch" as they go over the part they'd normally sit on. I reckon it's time for new rockers and shafts - any recommendations?

Ask Marty, he bought for his rebuild rockers and shafts from different manufacturers I believe, which was no success (fitment rocker vs shaft vs pedestal). See to it you have it all from one maker.

On closer inspection the right-as-you-look-towards-the-back side isn't all that bad but the left side is absolutely horrible, with one pushrod bucket almost completely worn away and the rocker shaft deeply scored. Bugger.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-P38-4-0-4-6-V8-ROCKERS-ROCKER-SHAFT-TAPPETS-LIFTERS-94-02-/162496349065?hash=item25d5898389:g:hwMAAOSwYIxX6~YY

I bought Allmakes steel rockers, and had some Britpart rocker shafts from years ago (surely they couldn't cock those up... right?...wrong!). Found the rocker shafts were a bit oversize, and wouldn't fit through the pedestals.

I ended up buying Bearmach shafts from LR Direct, and between that, original pedestals, springs etc, and the new rocker arms - it all went together a dream.