rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A pair of JBL Stage 600C speakers arrived and were fitted today and I can confirm they are worlds apart from the originals. Fitting was fairly straightforward, the old ones are held into the plastic mounts with bent tabs and I drilled the mounts to use the supplied self tappers to fit the new ones. I tried the JBL tweeters that came in the box and, they didn't sound any different to the originals so I didn't use them although once out of heir plastic housings could have been fitted if I'd wanted to. Bass response is a definite improvement, I can use bass boost on the DSP settings in the head unit and it actually does something which it didn't before. They sound pretty damn good to me although I think I still need a sub.....

Good to know there's an option out there, nice one Gilbert.

There's a few BMW underseat subs on ebay for reasonable money. (not sure if they'd fit under tho) For the price of the single powered one you looked at, you could install for the driver and passenger. Can get little 12v car amps for under £20.

I doubt they'd fit as Mr Land Rover seems to have put a load of other junk under the front seats. Seems to be an awful lot of big alloy boxes with lots of wires going to them...... That's why I'm looking at something that will fit in the space they used for the factory sub but much slimmer so I can still keep my toolbox in that corner and be able to open it.

If it wasn't for the toolbox requirement, you could drop a factory sub where its supposed to fit. Seem to be some on the Bay starting around £40.00. I do have a spare speaker and amp somewhere for the single speaker version.