rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hello folks,

I recently removed the passenger airbag whilst gaining access to the heater and ducting (power off for fifteen minutes before unplugging) and as expected the SRS light came on with an airbag fault. I have just refitted (power off for 15mins first again) and the SRS light and dashboard airbag warning are still on.
Do I need to do something to reset it?

Smiler

Unfortunately the early ones don't self clear when the fault is fixed. Needs to be reset with Nano or similar. Generic code readers don't do it.
Strange that it went into fault mode, unless you powered the ignition on with the bag unplugged- to test blend motors or something?

What when you pull fuse 23 prior to any action of disconnecting battery, unplugging airbags etc. Does it still light up when it is all reversed in order again?

Pull fuse 23? That's a new one on me. Didn't pull it when I changed the battery when I first got it and had no issues but then didn't disconnect anything.

I did turn the power on with the airbag disconnected yes to look at the blend motors. Powered off for 15 minutes prior to reconnecting the airbag. Looks like I might need to pay Marty a visit.

The idea is when you pull fuse 23 prior to anything, the SRS system is powerless so it does not notice any disconnections when contact becomes on so there is no fault reported.