rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi guys, still not resolved the gas issue but have since done a starter and shes runs great on petrol however now the boot wont open !
Unlocks fine on fobor key but when the boot release button is pressed all doors lock and unlock and thats it, any ideas ?

Huh? That's a new one. when you unlock the doors, does the drivers door unlock? The boot release button gets an earth from the lock/unlock microswitch in the RH front door, so if that is locked the boot will be too. However, the locking/unlocking of the doors suggest that as soon as you press the button, an earth rather than power is being sent to the door latch and that is triggering the central locking. If you can get to it, behind the RH side panel in the boot (you'll need to get in from the front) there's a multi way connector where all the wires on one side are white and the others are different colours. If you unplug that and apply an earth to the white wire that would have been connected to the Green/Red wire on pin 10, the the boot release should work to at least get it open. Then you are going to be looking for a short to ground somewhere. The boot release gets power from fuse 15 on the BeCM to the release solenoid, then to the button and then to this connector back to the switch in the door latch so the short is going to be somewhere along that line (although I would have expected the release solenoid to be permanently engaged or the fuse to have blown if that was the case).

Hi, yes all doors open on key and fob just when you press boot button they all lock and then unlock

Sounds like a short somewhere alright. I'm sure I've seen it before where someone had wired another ground into the tailgate near the button, presumably to enable opening the tailgate with a dodgy door latch..

And once the latch was replaced, it did this until the other ground was removed.

Worth removing the carpet on lower tailgate and having a look...

Take your tailgate button off and inspect it. Mine was dead loose and when i stripped it, it was full of rust and the spring had snapped. Completely rotton. You might have a bad connection if yours is corroded too. There's a large rubber o ring that might have perished that's letting water in.