rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but anyone know the size of the o-rings for the heater matrix, took my seats out to repair the heater elements and found a wet carpet, suppose it had to happen at some point, lol,

No idea, I just buy the genuine LR ones, at 6 quid for a pair, it isn't worth mucking around with anything else.

part no: STC 3262

If I know the size, I'll order a bunch so if ever needed there here, I have 30 odd viton o-rings for oil coolers, so if anyone needs or wants for stock, let me know

The Bearmach ones are £2 a pair. At least with genuine ones you'd know they were gonna be right. Not really any need to cost cut on £2 O-rings for a major job.

22 x 2.5 mm Chris

blueplasticsoulman wrote:

The Bearmach ones are £2 a pair. At least with genuine ones you'd know they were gonna be right. Not really any need to cost cut on £2 O-rings for a major job.

I take it your looking at LRdirect, they have a minimum order of 10. Island want a fiver delivery, I don't know what I'm getting, nitrile or viton, so I use my usual supplier, I always buy viton..

EBay with free p&p I think.

Well thanks to Marty telling me where to cut, 1 hour 20mins saw the Orings changed, and car put back together, I went remove side panels, undo switch pack, remove gear lever surround, remove hevac unit, remove panel under steering column, binnacle and clocks, cut the duct with hacksaw blade ( took about 5 minutes of careful cutting) long driver undid the screw with no problems,cleaned pipe ends with a nylon scourer, inserted new Orings and tested for water tightness, the originals were stuffed for sure, hard and brittle

My best time was 25 minutes but that was on mine that doesn't have the duct (plod didn't feel it necessary to provide air conditioned air to a load of traffic cones) but on ones I've done since, I've done the same as you except I've never taken the switchpack or gear lever surround out. Why did you need to do that?

On some of them to get the side trims out, it's necessary to remove the switchpack and gearshift surround so you can then get under the inside of the side trim to get it clear to be able to do the lift/twist maneuver to get the whole panel out.

Again on later ones with the leather side of the centre console (I'm guessing plod didn't have that either!) if you don't do that then it scuffs/scrapes up the leather down by the base of the switchpack

Leather? What's leather? No, no leather on mine or on the SE for that matter. All I do is use a blunt screwdriver to lift and lever outwards the centre console sides so they can be slid down and back.