rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi folks,

Was doing the o rings on a 4.0 westminster today for a guy in Glasgow. Or attempting to, anyhow.

Got the old ones out, they were a little square, but less crusty than mine were. Someone had been in there with the silicon sealant too. Cleaned it all up as best I could in situ, and put the new o rings in, screwed it back together, coolant back in and bled.

However, water is squirting out of somewhere around the black plastic bit where the pipes sit into. Almost seems like it's coming out of the back of it, but it's possible it's travelling down the bolt hole and out?

I've checked that the two pipes are engaged with their individual notches, cleaned off as much silicone as I can, and lubed the new rings so they slide in cleanly.

Any thoughts? Have I missed something, or is it the matrix that's US?

Thanks.

It could be the matrix or it could be that there is still a lump of silicone in there causing the leak. Did you make sure that the pipes were properly seated? I always get the screw in and then give the pipes a wiggle to make sure they have seated properly.

Yeah, I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up the interface as best I could in situ. Gave the pipes a wiggle as suggested too. I wonder if the plastic housing is cracked?