rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I've just changed my tailgate straps as one snapped a while back.

The replacements I've put on are Bearmach, but both ends have been crimped on in the same orientation, meaning the cable needs to twist for one end to be screwed in. So the first time I close the tailgate, they twisted, and one had a chunk taken out of the rubber/plastic sleeve as it got trapped between the tailgate and body... no amount of changing the twist makes things good - they either get caught in the body or caught in the door seal...

I'll be returning these as they're crap, the ends also don't rotate freely because the washer type thing is too big and it ends up clamping down on itself.

Has anyone bought any that are decent, if so, who/what/where? :) Specifically avoided Britpart and still ended up with junk from Bearmach... sad times.

Used from Furness- never had a duff part yet from them, and I've bought a fair few!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-P38-Lower-Tailgate-Strap-Cable-ALR5237-with-warranty-/332291644456?

I bought a pair of Britpart ones from Island a couple of months ago and they were fine. No idea how long they will last but they fitted fine and swivelled just like they should.

Another 👍Up for Furness. I have had a few bits from them all good . I am quite lucky as they are only a 20 minute drive from where I live.
Rob.

I fitted britpart ones too. no probs.

I think I'd rather have new ones than used, maybe I'll get some Britpart ones.

I seem to be having a run of bad aftermarket parts at the moment...