rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi all.
I am in the process of renewing the water pump. Easy job so far got the pump off and got everything ready to fit the new one. Just noticed one of the idler pulleys is a bit rough. One side is plastic the other is metal it's the metal one that needs renewing. I am assuming this one is original and the plastic one has been renewed at some time. Any thoughts on this. Also need to renew the belt as that's had it. One thing I did notice was the coolant that drained out was really clean so that is a plus as well.
Rob.

I had the plastic ones from Bearmach, I don't know if original is plastic or metal. As long as you don't drop them they stay in one piece.
As for refitting the pump see to it that mating surfaces are clean and smooth, stick to torque specs and order. Threads are easily damaged.

I put the part numbers in an earlier thread here
From the part pics it looks like the Idler Assy Timing Belt is plastic and the Drive Belt Idler Pulley is metal

Thanks for the replies. Just been in the garage and checked what I have. Plastic idler is 70mm and metal is 80mm. I have now removed the bearing from the metal idler and will get a new bearing and press it in tomorrow. New pump and belt then its put it all back together. By the way I removed the viscous from the pump with a large adjustable spanner and a sharp tap from a hammer. I was going to get the proper spanner but thought I would try this first. Thanks again.
Rob.