rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

enter image description here

Ooooooooooooooooooh. it worked!!! Think the pic is a bit large though. Any tips??

As you can see, I've been a traitor and changed my 38 to a 320. Even been vain enough to put a personal plate on it. Yes, it is the devils spawn ............ it is a diesel but there is a perfectly logical reason for that. Mind you, it is a V8 diesel and sorry to say guys but it pisses all over any of the petrol V8 P38s I've had. This car is a licence loser.
No10Chris was asking about my wheels and this is the result, Chris. Shot blasted and powder coated in black chrome.

enter image description here

Nice :)

To be fair to the old P38 V8, for its size it was never exactly a powerhouse. The 3.6 TDV8 is 260-270hp I think? And a lot more torque.

Can sound quite nice with straight pipes too... just saying.

I've been debating doing something with the exhaust. Trouble with this is it's a V8 and I can't hear a thing, it's so quiet.
I was looking at a Quicksilver SS Sports exhaust but I'm not looking for performance, just noise lol plus the Quicksilver is £990.

Wheels look nice,, and at least it's a full fat rangie, think the next evoque I see I'm gonna nudge off the road , 😈

no10chris wrote:

and at least it's a full fat rangie

Nah, it's only a Disco in drag......

When he came round to mine in it I think it was the first one I'd ever seen that wasn't black.

If it's a Sport 2, then it's it's own vehicle... if it's a first version Sport, then it's a D3 underneath and something sparkly on top...

But it does look nice, I'll give it that...

Is it one of the ones where you have to take the whole bodyshell off to do the belts on the back of the engine? I know one of the diesel versions you have to, but can't remember if it's the 6 or 8 cylinder version (or both) that need it to come off...

I read that a 'good' LR shop can have the body off in about 1.5hrs... so it's only 3hrs worth of labour you're paying for before they've actually done anything to what they're going in there for!

I've seen a couple of white sports around this area (hideous) and a flame orange one - which looked OK I guess, surprisingly...

I saw a wrapped chrome orange, black roof, looked stunning. I said to other half about doing mine the same, got a stern NO, lol

Martyuk wrote:

If it's a Sport 2, then it's it's own vehicle... if it's a first version Sport, then it's a D3 underneath and something sparkly on top...

But it does look nice, I'll give it that...

Is it one of the ones where you have to take the whole bodyshell off to do the belts on the back of the engine? I know one of the diesel versions you have to, but can't remember if it's the 6 or 8 cylinder version (or both) that need it to come off...

It's an 09, Marty, so I have no idea what model it is.
Funnily enough, when the AA man picked me up after the alternator had give up, he was saying that about the body having to come off. Filling me with tales of doom. Major job blah blah blah. Was it bollox!!! They charged the warranty people two hours labour. Took the front OS wheel off and the inner wing. Straight to the alternator.

no10chris wrote:

I saw a wrapped chrome orange, black roof, looked stunning. I said to other half about doing mine the same, got a stern NO, lol

She's not a true Essex Girl then?
:)