rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

So mot booked for Friday, so finally put my stainless high flow cats on, definitely sounds throatier.
Went out to the shops, on the way back had a boy racer behind me, came off a roundabout and hit sports and floored it, bye bye boy racer, it took off, I eased of at ???mph as I had to turn off. ( let's just say it was well into 3 digits ) 😁
Apart from main power difference I've noticed she's ticking ove at 7-750, is this the norm ?
Is she in learning mode ?
I had to use the lamdas that came with the cats ( wrong plug, swapped them over) I'm wondering if I've put wires the wrong way, I swapped wire for wire, can't see that gems would be wired differently !

If the lambdas came off a GEMS, there's your problem!!
Completely different type of sensor. Work on 0-5 volts (Titania) rather than 0-1 volts (Zirconia) which are fitted to the Thor.
Titania need a reference voltage fed to them (5v) which they effectively vary. Zirconia generate their own voltage
Your adaptives will never adapt to the difference
Boring homework reading:
http://www.ngkntk.co.uk/index.php/technical-centre/lambda-sensors/how-does-the-lambda-sensor-work/

If the sensors have a black, a grey and two white wires, they are Zirconia and only suitable for GEMS, if they have a black, a yellow, a red and a white, they are Titania and suitable for a Thor. If you've got the wrong ones in it will have detected sensor values that are out of spec and be running a default (rich) fuel map. When you come to the MoT, the emissions will be high so a fail.

Have I got it backwards then Gilbertd? I know I did when I first got blue car all those years ago :)
NGK/ NTK (link above) say Zirconia 0-1v generate their own voltage. Titania need reference voltage.
So GEMS are Titania, Thor are Zirconia.
This is obviously linked to my famous inability to tell left from right.
Bottom line for Chris though is, if he's running his Thor on sensors from a GEMS, it ain't going to work :)

No, I got it the wrong way round. Zirconia are standard 0-1V and used on the Thor, Titania are 5-0V and used on GEMS. Chris needs Zirconia, so needs to have a black, a grey and two white wires. What confuses me at times is that my GEMS has both, the two standard 5-0V Titania to drive the petrol system and a 0-1V Zirconia to drive the LPG system. Confusing but it at least means I have two totally independent fuel systems so if one packs up it doesn't affect the other.

My GEMS setup is the same. Titania for petrol, Zirconia LPG- cos I'm cheap and generic Zirconia are too (relatively).

Bloody hard drive on main computer has gone :(
Chris- 12mm thread 4 wire zirconia sensors seem hard to find and f'ing expensive, but I've found one that might do. Not easy searching on workshop PC with slow internet
http://www.ecolambda.co.uk/main/ecosale/price.pl?item=12mm
Anyone else know of Thor compatible Zirconia sensors, but with the GEMS 12mm thread?

Is this worth reading Mark? (looking at the specs of them)
https://www.delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/sensors/engine-and-transmission/gasoline/mini-switching-oxygen

Nice to hear from you Tony- missed you on here
I'll have a look. Want to try to help Chris out of his problem without him having to weld new bosses onto his cats as he doesn't have the gear.

Chris- as a side suggestion, you can get away with using mild steel wire in your MIG to stick in the right size bosses. Weld will rust a bit eventually though...

Cheers mark, I'll order them in a mo,, bloody 18mm ones are so cheap, apart from the one chancer on eBay at £472.09 for a golf one,,

They do like genuine ones Bosch 0 258 005 184
I'll pop in where I bought mine from (cheapest I found) in a minute...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-RANGE-ROVER-4-6-Lambda-Sensor-98-to-02-Oxygen-Bosch-MHK100940-Quality/331976693903?

Thanks, I couldn't see how to buy direct from Delphi..

That is the 18mm one that you'll need to MIG the boss on for Chris. Not the 12mm one...