rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I think all is not well with my R90E - the engine cut out as I turned into the end of the farm track this evening, and wouldn't restart on gas. Eventually it restarted on petrol, after a bit of farting and coughing.

Driving the gas solenoid on "by hand" resulted in a loud hiss that emptied the line almost immediately (only hissed for about a second). I'm pretty sure it shouldn't do that. I opened up the vapouriser but couldn't find any signs of split diaphragms or anything, but I strongly suspect the vapouriser has had it. It was leaking quite a bit of coolant, too.

I had a quick look on Tinley Tech's website but they seem to be out of stock of R90Es. They've got some others ranging from about 50 quid to a couple of hundred quid - is there much difference in performance in a closed-loop system? My local LPG fitter probably has multipoint vapourisers, which I guess are no good for my singlepoint install.

I've got a spare R90E and a diaphragm kit sitting on the shelf gathering dust if that'd get you out of the poo Gordon?

Good shout, I might take you up on that. I'm going to phone round a couple of places in the morning.

gordonjcp wrote:

Good shout, I might take you up on that. I'm going to phone round a couple of places in the morning.

PM me your address and I'll chuck it in the post Gordon.
No use to me- I'm just an inveterate spares hoarder and I've stopped collecting parts for the old car as it's constantly on the verge of being sold- just can't be ar$ed to wash it and clean it out.

The R90E is no longer being made which is why TT say it is out of stock. I did find one place that still lists them but not cheap (as they obviously have some old stock and are cashing in). TT told me when I was in there recently that they are now recommending the BRC AT90E. i pointed out that it was only rated for 190 bhp and they said that was a mistake and showed me the spec sheet which says they are good for up to 225 bhp. When they next do an update to their site they will correct that and remove the R90E completely. The BRC is cheaper than an R90 and Simon reckons they are dead easy to set up needing hardly any tweaking too.