rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Trying to steer a little back on topic with some info for whoever may one day need it...

Trailing arms were easy once i'd got the bolt out. Undo the bottom shock absorber bolt and push it up out of the way. Release height sensor from rubber mount on the trailing arm. Stand under axle off centre towards the side you're working, jack just behind wheel hub, Axle stand under chassis next to where the bolt goes through the bush. Take the wheel off. It's easier to get at the axle bolt behind the shock absorber.

Not sure if it would apply to everyone but i have side steps and I had to cut a notch out of the inside of the step in order to undo the bolt all the way out of the bush in order to drop the arm.

The trailing arm bushes i used were by FloFlex and are a perfect fit. They are a 2 part bush cut at an angle as seen in the picture.

enter image description here

If you have a stuck axle bolt, then God be with you trying to get it out. lol. The part number for a replacement is ANR3313 but is discontinued by Landrover. John Craddock have a couple but they're £12. If you want to source your own cheaper, its a 125mm M12 Flanged head bolt, half thread with a tensile strength of 10.9.

Hope this helps someone. :-)

You couldn't make it up!!!!!!

Little bit of vibration front steering this morning. Jacked it up and found that the track rod boot is split and i have very minor play rocking the wheels at the 9 and 3 position. Track rod is the only bit I haven't replaced. Oh and of course it's the non replaceable end.

I'm sure someone is sabotaging my car.

Time to sacrifice your favourite goat to the Range Rover gods. You've obviously done something to annoy them.
You can buy the long end on it's own but probably not worth it. An Allmakes PR2 complete one is good quality, reasonable price
https://www.lrdirect.com/TIQ000020-supplied-by-allmakes-branded-pr2allmakes.html
or the reassuringly expensive Lemforder assembly
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRACK-ROD-ASSY-OEM-RANGE-ROVER-P38A-TIQ000020-G-LEMFORDER/390529649193?

I've got the full assembly coming from Ebay. £33.

New track rod on. Massive difference. Zero vibrations and i think i'm somewhere near with the tracking. Need to adjust the draglink again to straighten up the wheel ever so slightly.

Old trackrod took no getting off at all. I had hammers at the ready to bash the taper but no need. Just undid the nuts and lifted it out.

Reckon i need to slacken the steering off a little as it's a bit twitchy. Slightest turn to the left goes left and slightest right goes right. A little less "connected" might do the trick?????