rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Get a whining/groaning noise every now and then on the rear passenger doorlock. Only when unlocking. sometimes lasts for up to 2 seconds.

Time to replace the actuator?

It never ends!!!!!!!!!!

I get it occasionally too - I don't think it's anything serious to worry about. Especially if you disable the superlocking on the rear doors, then even if the latch does fail, then you can still manually unlock the door.

Though if you don't superlock the vehicle anyway, then it shouldn't superlock on it's own - so again should be able to open the door even in the event that the latch does stop working.

I think it's probably just the motor and clutch mechanism that causes the whine occasionally. Mine seems to do it more regularly when cold, but even then not all the time

Yeah thats what it sounds like. A really bad slipping clutch on a car. I don't superlock. I've read the catastrophe stories although i should probably get round to snipping the wires to be on the safe side.

Mine does it too, just occasionally, and has done for at least the last couple of years.

My 02 does it, even though the superlock motors have had the snip! My 95 doesn't do it at all.
There's no logic to these things is there?

My locks occasionally make a louder than normal groaning noise too. I just put it down to a quirk of the car.

Both of mine do it occasionally from various rear doors.