The '38 continues to happily undertake its daily school run duties and takes me for a morning blast most Sundays.

Now it looks like I'll have some financial stability again soon (not via book sales!), I'm making a to-do list, things that aren't urgent but need attention at some point:-

Bumpers. I’ve been hit so many times by sidecars, that front and back are both goosed. Brittle plastic and a halfwit rider isn’t a good mix. The plan is to make my own. I want to follow the existing lines as much as possible, cutting and refitting the front spoiler and spots. Nothing I’ve seen available does this (all roughy, toughy Defender types), so there's nothing that lights my candle, certainly not by the time you pay shipping and duty, so it’s time to buy the steel and a welder. But everything for them will be locally sourced. Quite looking forward to the challenge.

Suspension bushes. Nothing is really clapped out, and front Panhard along with ARB have already been done, but I'm assuming the rest are still the originals, so replacement won't go amiss. Means I’ll need to get a fitting tool, so I can take it down the local engineering shop to push new ones in. Either that, or go polybush, which I a bit loath to do.

Exhaust gaskets. I think there's a tiny blow on the driver’s side (LH) which only makes itself evident when you've been sitting in traffic for a while and it gets a tad warm under that there bonnet! May just do rocker gaskets as well

And the driver's window regulator has just decided to strip some teeth at the top of travel leaving a tiny gap at the top. Not a major problem as I have wind deflectors fitted so nothing is accessible and it doesn't let rain in. I'll either order another or, when I sort a welder out, build-up and file back the existing one.

Oh, and I really must get some o-rings for the new condenser and dryer I fitted (about two years ago!). That's all that's stopping a re-gas of the air-con. Another job to do whilst the bumper is off, I think.

So, as I say, nowt pressing, just bits and bobs that need looking at in the future.