rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I’m trying to find my fathers old Range Rover Classic.

It was a 1994 3.9 Vogue Soft Dash model in Avalon Blue with the silver 16” 5 spoke alloy wheels. It wore the registration number L530 AHS when we owned it. The chassis number was SALLHAMM3MA651937.

The car was traded into Inverclyde Land Rover in Scotland in April 2000 for a Discovery TD5.

From what I can find online the vehicle was never again taxed in the UK, and according to HPI it had an export marker put against it on 14th October 2000 when it left the UK.

I know there is very little chance of finding the car and the likelihood is it's been scrapped, however, I'm hoping it was exported somewhere nice and hot with a kind climate and the owner is an enthusiast who visits Land Rover forums! Chance would be a fine thing Anyway, you don't ask, you don't get and all that. :)

David.

That's interesting. My old Classic LSE was a hard dash but was L591 AHS so either yours was on a personal plate or mine was one of the very last hard dash ones. Not sure on the VIN but I must have a scan of the V5 somewhere......

enter image description here

I think the original plate was L530 AHS, then it wore KIJ 26 which went on the car on 20/05/94. It was taken off on 09/05/96 when it was put onto L530 AHS.

It was mid May 96 that my Dad bought it.

David.

Even more curiouser. Mine, apparently registered after yours, was VIN SALLHBM33KA635501, so appears to be two years older. The K in mine showing 92-93 build date (93MY), the M in yours showing 94-95 build date (95MY so one of the very last Classics when they were sold alongside the P38). Mine being a hard dash would verify that it was definitely older. Microcat shows yours as KIJ 26 and that usually shows the registration when supplied new. L reg is from 1 August 1993 to 31 July 1994 so mine would have been built between late 92 and the year change which was usually around September, 1993. Yours however, with the M in the VIN, shouldn't have been built before roughly September 94 but appears to have been. It probably had the personal plate put on it from new and DVLA would have allocated it a normal plate so it had an age related plate when/if the personal plate was taken off but even then, how can a car that has a VIN showing it to be built in late 1994 have been registered in May???? Really weird.....

Doesn't help with trying to trace where it is now though

That's really quite interesting! I didn't realise it had been registered onto the private plate straight away.

Someone has told me that Ireland is a good possibility of where it could have gone but apparently there were a lot of these cars shipped to Africa around about that time.

I'll bet it was sent off to auction by the local dealer when Dad traded it in, from there, I'm at a blank. I wish I was a bit older at the time, I'd of been begging him to keep it!

David.

That's really quite interesting! I didn't realise it had been registered onto the private plate straight away.

Someone has told me that Ireland is a good possibility of where it could have gone but apparently there were a lot of these cars shipped to Africa around about that time.

I'll bet it was sent off to auction by the local dealer when Dad traded it in, from there, I'm at a blank. I wish I was a bit older at the time, I'd of been begging him to keep it!

David.