rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

The LINKEY is finally completely refurbished and I have completed 135 miles of road test on it. Only fault was a vacuum leak caused by a bad fuel cap.
Last thing to do are

1. Fit stainless steel exhaust
  2. Paint it
    I need exhaust part number DA4245. Does anyone know if this can be replicated for a lesser amount than the $1000 it costs to get them from UK and if so any suggestions of fabricators ?
    We are moving to Portland , OR and the LINLEY will be painted there. Is anyone in the area that could recommend an excellent and reasonable price paint shop in Portland or Seattle area?
    Thanks

If it is only a $1000, that's cheap!! When I enquired it was round £900 which is a lot more than $1000. That was for the full exhaust from the end of the manifolds through.

Wow, I know a guy who paid 600 for a custom made system, is there not any custom exhaust fabricators within a few hundred miles rather than a few thousand

@No10chris
On reflection, I’m probably going to spring and buy the DA4245 set in hindsight. Car is too rare to be gaffing around trying to save 300 bucks on an exhaust....
That would be almost on a par to me taking it to Maaco to get it painted.....

JMC, I remember you starting the restoration of this car over on ToadLand. As i recall the last one left in the US.. Now, I reckon there will be a few on here who haven't seen the amount of work you have put into this car and I haven't seen any pictures of it for a long time.
Is there any chance of you doing a recap with before and after pictures?

Hi OldShep
I don’t know how to add photos on this site....
Here’s a link to the other site giving details of restoration with some photos...

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/49239-linely-sale-michigan.html