rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi All:

Just a quick Hello for now, P38 2000 Vogue, 155K on the clock, previous owner cooked it so I'm looking at a Turner top-hat linered block.

enter image description here

We have four V8's in the family, three Discovery 2's and the Rangie.

We show our large stationary engines in the UK and Europe, and the big trailer goes 3500kg when loaded.

enter image description here

Got a few jobs to do on it, but enjoy it on trips, but not the oil consumption, hence the new block.

I'm also looking to see if the Nanocom deal was still available? I have a Hawkeye and a Hawkeye Total, but some of the P38 stuff looks to need the Nano.

That's all for now, regards to all.

Peter

Hi! That looks very tidy :-) A few folk on here have fitted top-hatted blocks and I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Thanks, Gordon, I have a spare 4.6 Thor engine which is purported to be 73K miles old, will probably use that as a spare block to exchange with at Turners, pistons and crank should be good enough to re-use with new rings and bearings etc.

Peter

If the spare engine is good I'd just give it a quick going-over and stuff it in ;-)

Re nano, there wasn't enough to get the discount, most on here already have one

gordonjcp wrote:

If the spare engine is good I'd just give it a quick going-over and stuff it in ;-)

Initially that was my feeling too, but we will probably go to LPG (Zavoli Multipoint) and top hat linered engines are more robust.

I've got to do something, but unless the spare turns out to be mint, it will be a Turner block.

Peter

no10chris wrote:

Re nano, there wasn't enough to get the discount, most on here already have one

Thanks, Chris, I'm just wondering how effective the Hawkeye and Hawkeye Total are at getting into the Hevac system?

Peter

listerdiesel wrote:

Thanks, Chris, I'm just wondering how effective the Hawkeye and Hawkeye Total are at getting into the Hevac system?

I think you're the only one on here with a Hawkeye, so probably in the best place to answer your own question :)
Like Chris said- most of us here use the Nano, which crawls around the HEVAC system pretty effectively