rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'm going to replace the throttle body heater plate and gasket (MGM000010K) and would like to replace the two hoses that go to it. I'm not sure of the part numbers though.

I've used the LRCAT website and think one of them is PEH101540 but the image for the throttle body only shows one hose.

enter image description here

Anyone know the part number for the second hose?

Bitch to find. Look under expansion tank and hoses section F02020 in LRCAT.

No 8 on the picture.

PCH115700 - HOSE ASSEMBLY-EXPANSION TANK COOLANT EXPANSION TANK TO THROTTLE BODY [ (V)XA410482 - ] I think.

Did mine last year and probably spent longer tracking down that damn number than I did doing the job! Obvious when you know where to look.

Clive

PCH115700 - HOSE ASSEMBLY-EXPANSION TANK COOLANT EXPANSION TANK TO THROTTLE BODY [ (V)XA410482 - ]
It's in a different section of the parts manual!
enter image description here

Cheers guys. What a daft decision by whoever wrote the parts books! Makes sense to me to have it in both places so it could be found regardless of which end of the hose you had a fault at.

If I had a leak at the tabk end id obviously have looked there!

Mine's bypassed- just a hose from inlet manifold straight to exp tank. Haven't had any issues with throttle body icing so far in this wintry weather.
No more leaks!

Is it the brittle plastic pipe that can easily crack on a Thor the same as on a GEMS? I replaced the whole run with 8mm ID silicon hose on mine.

Gilbertd wrote:

Is it the brittle plastic pipe that can easily crack on a Thor the same as on a GEMS? I replaced the whole run with 8mm ID silicon hose on mine.

The bits I'm replacing? I think both hoses are rubber rather than plastic.

The GEMS one is a brittle plastic pipe with a short length of hose on each end. As the parts list shows it as Hose Assembly (rather than just hose) I thought it was the same.

Ah, OK. It could well be then, I've only looked at the bits attaching to the heater plate.

Edit: just looked up the part number and the second one is a plastic pipe with short bits of rubber hose.

Gilbertd wrote:

This is exactly what I done on mine. You only had to look at the plastic pipe the wrong way and it broke. Much better now with the silicon hose.

i just removed mine and blanked off the manifold outlet.

If you are unlucky you'll cause an air lock in the manifold. A better option is to run a small diameter hose from the outlet on the manifold back to the header tank so you effectively bypass the throttle body heater but still allow the coolant to flow as if it was still there..

i doubt it would cause an airlock tbh, the large bore pipe from the manifold to the radiator is right next to it, and the radiator has its own vent line back to the tank.

Think mine must of been replaced at sometime, still got flexibility on the plastic pipe ( hope the p38 gods aren't listening). I've pulled at around a few times with engine in and out .. I've never had one air lock, but it's easy enough to pull the manifold pipe to check

Mine is gone entirely, with an 8mm single ply silicone pipe between the outlet and header tank.

No need for it in our climates - it just ends up leaking and one more thing to disconnect and piss coolant everywhere if you need to remove the inlet manifold.