rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Anyone got a spare washer pump and can measure the diameter of the spigot that goes into the side of the washer tank?

Cheers

Got a new rear screen one (DMC10023) in a BritPart box so can't guarantee its accurate to original drawings. But its all plastic and the rubber squishes so should be near enough.

According to my Mitutoyo 200 mm Dial Caliper, which should be accurate enough.

Plastic spigot diameter 17 mm nominal outside diameter, two ridges to locate in the rubber seal 17.9 mm Ø nominal at 6 mm spacing.

Measuring the rubber bush in situ on the pump spigot outside is 21 mm Ø nominal, two location ridges 21.7 mm Ø nominal. Bush has 26 mm nominal by 4 mm deep ring on the end to stop it getting pushed into the tank.

Clive

thanks, thats perfect :)

I've got what i presume is a duff rear pump, and i've also got a washer pump or three from various cars i've broken, just trying to figure out if they'll work before getting in about it.

Could also be the one way valve. If that has gone pump may not run long enough to fill the pipe and get water up onto the rear screen.

I'm told that the rear screen pump has more Oomph than a standard screen wash pump. Presumably because of the long pipe and greater lift.

Clive

when i press the rear wash theres no noise at all, If it was a blockage i'd expect to hear the whirring pump? The front wash pump is clearly audiable.

The front wash pump is also pretty pathetic, so i might swap that out as well, it barely piddles out about 3" up the screen.

All 3 pumps are the same and you will hear the pump whirring away if it is still working. I got my rear washer working a couple of weekends ago but it looks like the motor factor generic non-return valve isn't up to the job as I need to hold the button in for about 10 seconds before anything gets as far as the nozzle if it hasn't been used for a while. Problem I've got now is that it needs adjusting as it washes the road behind me rather than the rear screen......

If all 3 pumps are the same then why the different part numbers? I've had vehicles through my hands which certainly did have heftier pumps for the rear screen. Which seems logical.

Got a packet of 10 non return valves with proper Range Rover part numbers, but in a blue BritPart bag. Certainly heftier in the valve section than the motor factor generics we get here. Drop me your address and I'll pop one in the post.
Came from LR Direct as they were the only folk showing stock at the time. Only in 10's tho'. So they got the order for everything I wanted that time and I got a stash of non return valves.

Clive

PS Idiot spell check changed Range Rover to range number!

It appears that the pumps are the same except for the colour of the connector which would explain the different part numbers. It's always possible that they are different internally but they are all interchangeable so I've always assumed them to be the same. Thanks for the offer of a decent non-return valve, PM sent with my address.