rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I know, it's basically a 'how long is a piece of string?' question but can anyone tell me why these basic items are £100/pop ?
(Perhaps I am being cynical but 'genuine part' does not convince me much either these days...)

Must be time to get the Wire Brush and Hammerite out....

Little better from LRDirect. £76 (ish) each for BritPart. VAT included. Worrying to note that some suppliers charge more for BritPart than others do for OEM.

Sort of thing that makes me contemplate learning metal spinning to make the basic shape out of light alloy sheet. Pressing the raised bit in the middle after making the basic horse-shoe cut out should be easy enough with improvised tooling. Or just use a separate part held by glue and self piercing rivets. That said if you have access to commercial press facilities a light alloy functional substitute should be easy enough to do. Tooling needs aren't very sophisticated. Not going to polish after all so who ares about a few stretch marks.

Clive

78 from island for britpart, I agree, bloody stupid money for a bit of pressed steel..

I assume they are the same or at least very similar on the Range Rover Classic which probably explains why both were missing on mine......

Thanks chaps, still pricey compared to the fronts; Know exactly what you mean about fabricating them though....
and I wondered about using carbon fibre then realised I would still need a new/good one to make a mold....!