rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Not oily, but smelly?

I need to replace my gas filter and the hose between the vaporiser and HD344 injectors... but I'm not entirely sure what size it is, and with the hose in the state its currently in I'd rather not remove it to measure.

I have an OMVL Dream XXI-g vaporiser, which I believe is 12mm. Plenty of filters about that are 12mm too, but I can't find any info on the injectors. I have a feeling they might be 10mm?

Said before that Tartarini systems were available with Matrix XJ injectors. OMVL systems were available with Matrix HD injectors.

The HD injectors are good performers but not as good as XJ. HD injectors aren't as reliable as XJ (actual injectors), actual injectors aside they also suffered a lot of internal temp sensor problems.

May find that the gas inlet on the HD's is 11mm and most 12mm pipe will still seal if an appropriate jubilee clip is used. OMVL kits used to come supplied with pipe clips instead of jubilee clips, a pipe clip with a purple band usually fitted OMVL brand pipe on 12mm fittings but were too slack on Matrix injectors so we used jubilee clips with Matrix injectors. OMVL brand pipe is thicker walled than most 12mm vapour pipe so the clips could only be used with OMVL pipe even on 12mm fittings.

If your injectors do have 11mm inlets and you have any problems you could change the inlets to 12mm or fit 11mm pipe, most of which can be persuaded to fit on 12mm fittings on filters etc.... especially if you heat the end of the pipe in a pan of hot water.

The other thing I need to replace is the temperature sensor on the vaporiser - I don't know what its currently reading but I guess high, as when the LPG works, it changes over from stone cold. When it won't switch over, I have to give the sensor wiring where it enters the actual sensor a wiggle.

To me it looks like its probably the OMVL M6 threaded sensor?

When it switches from stone cold the reducer temp sensor wiring is probably shorted, when it won't switch it's probably open circuit, OMVL Dream reducer temp sensors fail more often than most. From memory the thread is bigger than M6, probably closer to M10, the temp sensors get corroded in and then trying to remove them with a spanner rounds the brass hex of the temp sensor... Better to remove them using a 12mm hex socket after cutting the wires as close to the sensor as possible.

Sometimes when the proper Dream temp sensor fails installers remove an allen/torx bolt that holds the reducer together to fit a more generic sensor but not all sensors have the same electrical spec.