rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Had a run up to Angeles last weekend.

Sunday morning, empty roads, windows down, sunroof open, V8 purring gently. Just pure pleasure.

Got 19 to the gallon as well, according to the computer. Happy with that, as it was her first long run in nearly two years.

Where to go tomorrow morning?

I took a trip down to Bournemouth yesterday; quiet roads, nice weather, and a clattery diesel so windows most definitely up!

Did get 30mpg out of it though...

Prices have just gone up on fuel as Mr Duterte desperately tries to find some income - ammunition doesn't come cheap, you know. So it's now around a dollar a litre. Buggered if I know what that works out at into GBP as I only deal in in Dollars these days, Invoice the client in them, paid in them from Japan into Hong Kong, then transferred into Peso back here.

Still sounds cheaper than you guys pay.

30, jeez you'd be better off running a 4.6 on lpg, on a run I can get 19-20, but with gas being half the price of fuel, it’s makes for a reasonable mpg. I had a dse and know they have to work to hard..

GeorgeB wrote:

Buggered if I know what that works out at into GBP as I only deal in in Dollars these days

Certainly is cheaper George. Today's rate shows a US dollar is worth 0.71 GBP, so our petrol prices of around £1.20 a litre works out to 1.70 USD. You're still winning.

no10chris wrote:

30, jeez you'd be better off running a 4.6 on lpg, on a run I can get 19-20, but with gas being half the price of fuel, it’s makes for a reasonable mpg. I had a dse and know they have to work to hard..

I was open to the idea of a V8, though a bit more wary at my end of the budget at the time due to the increased potential for problems and a lot less experience and knowledge of P38s at the time. But a very tidy DSE came along at a good price and to be fair I have been very happy with it. Thankfully I have never driven the V8 version and don't know anyone local with one so I'm not exposed to 'what I could have had'...

I'll take you for a ride in mine at some point ;)

Well, once I've sorted the flat tyre that my neighbour kindly messaged me about the other day as a 'heads up' before I come home.. Guess I'll be out with the compressor when I'm back to see if it has just gone flat over the last 6 weeks of sitting there, or whether there is actually a puncture.

Next on my list after that is to do the transmission, as I am sure it's struggling and there's more of a whine than there used to be... Thought I'm hoping to put that off until June as I've got more work away before then

Totally different drive, I’ve had dse, petrol, lpg, classics and p38s. Mine is my first on lpg, I used to listen to the don’t buy if lpg crew.
Is your dse chipped ? Makes a huge difference, especially if your a motorway driver.

I'm not averse to LPG, it was just extra neglected complexity at my end of the budget.

Would happily run a V8 but I have a very nice DSE so happy with that.

My 4.0L in the UK was LPG on single point and, apart from when it was bloody freezing, never had any issue. then it took a while to switch

Went on a 1000m Macmillan challenge with it, full fuel tank, full gas and people were asking how come I'd not fuelled up yet!

To be fair, given the price of fuel and the mileage I do, who cares? Still happy with 19.