rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Looking at doing a service on the gearbox.

Any recommendations on a pump to transfer the oil into the gearbox ?

I use one of these:

Fluid Pump

Seems to work OK on ATF... struggles a bit more on thicker diff oil etc...

I keep looking for something better/a bit more robust, but still haven't found anything yet which is in a reasonable price range. It can get a bit messy though, as the fluid lines that came with it were quite rigid, but I'm sure you would replace them for something a bit more flexible

I use one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Oil-Suction-Hand-Syringe-Gun-Pump-Gearbox-Fill-Extractor-500ml-AK47 in the workshop. Extracts and fills. Gets to be a bit of a workout if using it for EP90 though.

Cheers.

The electric pump looks reasonable for the price.

I've had a couple of the manual ones, and don't know if I've done something wrong, but they've always leaked out the back past the seal or not sucked the oil up properly :(

Was the main reason I went for the electric one, but it's still not perfect.. I'm tempted to try one of the pump units that you use in a drill chuck aswell..

Martyuk wrote:

I'm tempted to try one of the pump units that you use in a drill chuck aswell..

I've got one of those, it's a Draper and it's crap.......

I have also used one of those big syringes. It works OK. Before that just a length of garden hose and a funnel stuck in the end. My other half kept it topped up.
Some people have also used a small garden sprayer without the nozzle.

Just did a change.

Bought this pump for £20, the same as Martyuk suggested just different brand names.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mannesmann-Oil-Suction-Scavenge-Pump/dp/B0000WOPRC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1460113323&sr=1-1&keywords=M01650

It worked a treat .No difficulties in sucking and pumping despite the manual actually states its not recommended for gearbox oil.

It was very fast and took no time to do 4 litres.