rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

For a while now, I’ve been chasing a sound, that I can only describe as a loose washer ring !
It only happens when I go over speed humps, will admit I don’t slow down for them.
Has anyone else got this sound, I’ve triple checked every nut, bolt, washer and Bush under the car, it’s definitely from the front somewhere.
Only thing In the pipe line to change is radius arm bushes, P.O. put s*;tpart yellow poly bushes, that somehow I didn’t notice till a few months back. There being changed back to OEM bushes.
Any ideas are welcomed.

i had a loose tinkly rattle from mine over bumps/potholes.

Eventually traced it to some shit brakepipe work on the rear axle. Someones fitted a later axle case, where the brake hoses go from the calipers direct to the chassis at each side, but then clagged on the earlier pipework with the central pipe connection and hardlines across the axle. The hardlines have nothing to mount to and were rattling.

I wrapped some ducttape around them to stop them rattling about.

I've known a loose stone inside the exhaust to generate that sort of sound (hazard of working off axle stands with someone helping who wasn't much help, managed to get it caught inside somehow, didn't notice till later, assumed it was a loose bit of metal inside the box, went to remove it and as it was upended after getting it out the stone fell out!. Noise then gone on putting it back on.)

Thanks for the answers guys, brake lines I will check, exhaust has been replaced by me, all the way, but I understand how annoying that must of been.

I’ve found the noise, it’s not my car, it’s the speed ramps, I stopped to let a car through and low and behold, as it went over the ramp the washer sound rang out.
No wonder the ramps are all falling apart round here, they need to come down and tighten the bolts down.