rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Morat wrote:

AH well, maybe our guests will move. I'll check :)

Tell them the venue has changed :)

Whenever I read the words 'Summer camp' it reminds me of 'Summercamp' walky-talkies my dad bought from Exhchange & Mart when I was a kid before CB radios were around.

So who is in? Trying to make sure nothing clashes with this weekend.

Aww Bugger, as far as I knew we were free that weekend but the events secretary has informed me that the weekend of the 4th-5th we've got a friend over from Holland for the weekend, so I'm out. I was convinced she was coming over the following weekend.

So far all I can assertain is it’s

Marty
Rick (Me)
Sloth

I'm in

Whats the plan for what we are going to take on presuming this goes ahead as planned. I will obviously need to order parts in advance but don't want to have parts sitting around.

Order of importance for me
Suspension/Blend Motors equal importance as in this weather something other then hot air could also save my life!
Headliner

I'm not 100% sure whether it is worth actually running it as a Summer Camp this year if there are only a couple of people coming.

I don't really have much on the agenda for my RR - the next biggest project for me will be fitting the factory winch tray once I've sorted a winch out and got hold of the cover from the company I sent it back from Singapore with.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much just going to be wanting to work on my other P38s which are restoration projects.

The Summer Camp idea makes sense if there's a whole group of us as it a) gives a chance to mingle, and b) the bigger jobs like headlinings etc is a lot easier when there are 6/7 people working on different aspects of the job..

I'm happy to not bother with it if it's just 3 people, as it's not much of a gathering otherwise!

Come on people! Let’s make this happen, it would be good to meet some of you and your p38’s

I'll see if our guests will change weekends.... I've really enjoyed summer camps so far and I think we need to raise a glass to OB this year.

Mine can't, she's already got flights booked and we are busy the following weekend too. But at some point we all need to raise a glass for OB.

Marty, could you do October or some other time later in the year? Maybe?

I don't know what my work schedule is like for September/October yet, but I am sure there will be at least one weekend in there which is free to do an Autumn Camp :)

To me it just seems a bit lost to do a workshop weekend for 3/4 people when previously we've had 7/8 and it has been a good gathering. I've got stuff I need to crack on with on the 98 to get it even somewhere near being ready to MOT and sell...

Let me update this in a few weeks once I start to know what work I've got coming up over the next couple of month, but maybe early October before it gets too cold we can do something and properly have a few beverages in OB's honour.

Other than the weekend of the 22nd September when I'm a little tied up due to my daughter getting married, September/October would suit me fine.

Autumn camp sounds good!

Haven't been on here for a while (so it would seem looking at when this thread was started) so a late joiner.
This weekend (28th/29th) would be no good as I get a year smarter (or is that just older) this weekend.
4/5 aug, maybe...

Jobs?
Air-con!
Tighten steering box (if that's possible).
Air-con!
Fit/show off my new android head unit that I have just ordered.
Air-Con!
Remove front bumper so that I can finally fit the transmission oil temp sensor (which was on last years list...)
Air-Con!
Refurbish leather seats (and get the heater elements working again).

There was something else...

Oh yeah, Air-Con!

Smiler.

Autumn Camp would suit you fine then - you know it's illegal to fix aircon during the summer. :P

In that case I'll fix the 'air-refrigeration' system then. :)

Autumn camp should be good for me too. My current hit list is:-

aircon - condenser arriving tomorrow
seat heaters - snafu'd
blend motors - binding
xyz motor - won't go into low range
head lining - falling off

You mean I might not be the only oil burner this year?