rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I took all the trim off mine when it went in to be sprayed so there was as little masking needing to be done as possible. Obviously some bits had to be taken off once I'd got it there as driving without mirrors and lights seems to be frowned upon. Everything comes off easily enough with trim removal tools.

enter image description here

The only masking they had to do was the strips on the roof.

While the body was being done, I sprayed all the trims and the grille with black bumper paint so they had a nice satin finish. Later I masked and sprayed the bumpers with the same stuff. That was over 2 years ago and it still looks good.

I like the grey colour they did, think it was called Bonatti grey !
I know what you mean about the Blenheim silver, mines that colour aswell.

Bonatti grey is a lovely colour and if it was my car and money that's what i would paint it in.

I believe it was added to P38 production quite late.

It's a more common on the L322.

Damn, the L322 hasn't aged well!

Morat wrote:

Damn, the L322 hasn't aged well!

Agree 100%

The 322 looks rather fat and tbf its a huge curb crawler!

not the multipurpose beauties our P38s are lol

Redraptor141 wrote:

Didn’t help today the car chose to vomit one of its rear muffler wadding up and I’ve been leaving a train of fluff everywhere I’ve gone!

It’s as bad as when the dog has eaten string and you have to ‘help it out’

LOL 😂

Redraptor141 wrote:

Gilbertd you got any advice on how to get all the trim off the sides? Are they just metal clips? And more importantly, if/when I break some can they be replaced?

Depending on which trims, there's a visible plastic nut or self tapper at one end. Take that off/out and the prise the trims out with your plastic trim removal tool. They are held in with plastic pegs in sockets and all of mine came out without breaking. See Rave, Section 76, Chassis and Body, Repair, Rubbing Strips and Door Finishers.

Gilbertd wrote:

Redraptor141 wrote:

Gilbertd you got any advice on how to get all the trim off the sides? Are they just metal clips? And more importantly, if/when I break some can they be replaced?

Depending on which trims, there's a visible plastic nut or self tapper at one end. Take that off/out and the prise the trims out with your plastic trim removal tool. They are held in with plastic pegs in sockets and all of mine came out without breaking. See Rave, Section 76, Chassis and Body, Repair, Rubbing Strips and Door Finishers.

Cheers mate, literally just found it! I was searching the web for door trim, didn’t know they were called rubbing strips!