rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Luckily not the 3 grouped together, the one out on it's own.
Drilled most of the old bolt out and thought right - let's see if an easy out will be able to complete this. Guess what? I applied my hand torque to it... SNAP. Bollocks!
So as usual these easy outs are too hard to drill out but not hard enough to be any use. I have thrown all those easy outs in the bin. Waste of time.

Any one have any sources of diamond tip drill bits please?

My motor works fine when it's cold but won't moved when it's hot, so I thought is check to see if the motor was clean and it is

That rangie is definitely testing you, mine was like that when i first bought it,
As for drills to get the extractor out, I’m afraid I really don’t know of any, I’ve thrown those extractors away aswell, bloody things always break, thought it was just me, obviously not !

It really did test me when I bought it.

It gave me carbon monoxide poisoning after I bought it. I nearly bought it crossing the new Severn Bridge, right in the middle!
We came to terms though hahaha

Holy s#@*, that’s unreal, who would sell a car knowing it’s a possible death trap.

I had quite a similar sounding discussion with the seller. He eventually paid for a new exhaust system. My sister is in the NHS and told me that you can get affected mentally from CO poisoning. That's my excuse now hahahaha!

I had quite a similar sounding discussion with the seller. He eventually paid for a new exhaust system. My sister is in the NHS and told me that you can get affected mentally from CO poisoning. That's my excuse now hahahaha!

Yes there is a slightly different thread on another forum - SWMBO reads this one ;-)

Tried to redrill it with cobalt bits - no chance. Feck it. Fill hole with metal putty, let it set and drill & tap. Short bolt now all done.

Bought replacement transfer motor (24 hours from ebay - good eh?) ran it on 9v & 12v all ok.

Ok let's take a look inside to see if that little plastic stopper thingy is ok or cracked in half like mine was. Penetrating oil on screws first, cup of tea, return to undoing the star screws.
Cover off, ah ha! Stopper thingy is completely shattered! Good job I checked. Repaired one is now fitted and araldited so even if it does crack it won't shatter everywhere.

So all cleaned out, re greased, reassembled, refitted. Low ratio change over still only works when the engine/car is cold.... New Transfer ecu ordered £10 - easy :D