rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

So yesterday im fitting rear bags, its still running round on originals i would say, so i go to pull the clips,, hmm theyve corroded away, i end up cutting both top and bottom to remove, put lhr in, no problem, fit rhr, no problems, check for leaks, check on all heights, all good, so i load the car up with tools, jack ect, go to garsge and unload jack, chocks ect, go round to my car, put tools in the boot, lock up both cars, talking to my nieghbour when kaboom ! rhr bag blew in half, must admit it looked half decent, but was rolled closed and i didnt get under after the install, i just wonder how long its been sitting on a shelf somewhere

At only £50 a pop for brand new, why would you buy S/H?

That must have been a hell of a shock!

I've never known one to burst, especially when the car is just sitting there, they usually just leak when they are perished.

Gilbertd wrote:

At only £50 a pop for brand new, why would you buy S/H?

My thoughts exactly, it was in good nick, was on standard height, I’d gone up and down with no problems, so when it went bang I was a little shocked today the least

Morat wrote:

That must have been a hell of a shock!

I’m just glad I wasn’t under it when it proceeded to bump stops at speed

I've heard a new airbag blow on the back of a Disco... That, along with gunshots, exploding exhausts and exploding tyres, I call loud. The Disco one blew because it was over-pressurised.

In my money saving mode I bought s/h from Emmotts of Colne for a reasonable £35 each or so and the Chris up there assured me they looked ok - I fitted them 2 or 3 years ago and they are fine. I stretched them out before fitting and the rubber looked as good as you would expect so took the chance. Just remember to put your ear plugs in next time Chris ............

I think its possible they can corrode badly from the inside when bad fluid etc gets around inside the system - and one can't see that.