rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi Guys
Probably been discussed a lot but all posts are quite old
What are the current diagnostic tools still available which work with the P38, mine is a diesel?
Thanks
Whiskey

Nanocom all the way.

I don't have experience of the others, but the Nano I have is pretty good. The documentation that goes with could be better, but after a while it will become second nature. I just pray my OBD port never packs up. It's not cheap, but given the number of issues that come up on aged P38s, will pay back eventually.

What year is your P38?
Mine is a 2000 so it can be EKA unlocked by the Nanocom. Which meant that it basically paid for itself when my P38 battery went flat while it was waiting for parts at a garage. My drivers door had a failed microswitch so the only way to enter the EKA was via a Nancom.

Ditto that - the Nano EKA unlock works on a 1998 too (goes by BECM version). It also means that even if your door lock does work ok,then you don't have to frag the lock by repeating countless eka sequences until you get it right :o)

+1 on Nanocom

A little late but, yes.

Being just a few miles away from easy support, the Nano has been, and will continue to be, the best thing I've bought.