rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

500 miles or so of mixed driving after Summer Camp I thought I'd give a bit of feedback on the Mintex pads I fitted to the front of the car. <br>
Compared to the genuine Land Rover pads I had before, the Mintex ones have much more feel- less wooden/ on-off and more round town braking with less pedal pressure. No signs of fade when driven enthusiastically round the Devon highways and byways. No squeal <br>
Only downside so far is that they generate a bit more brake dust so are probably softer and won't last as long. <br>
Mind you- I haven't towed anything yet so can't comment on ultimate fade resistance. <br>
At £21.49 delivered off the Bay compared to £100.00 ish for genuine ones they seem like good value for money. UK made too!

That's good to know, IMHO it's the same with tyres, softer tyres have better grip but wear faster.
For that price no argument!

I've used Mintex before on my Jeep and had nothing but good things to say about them. Glad they're working for you, but it's probably down to those stainless bolts on the brake shields! :)

That's true Morat. I've learned from you the value of shiny, shiny when it comes to performance improvements!

I must say that I think I'll be going for slightly softer pads the next time around.

I went with the EBC pads all round, and whilst the fronts are alright, they are too hard for the rears, which don't do much, and I get some squeal on them, even after a few years..

Something a bit softer might be better on the back at least. Especially given the price!